Skip to content

Nimble

Welcome to our feature request forum! Please feel free to vote or submit a new feature you would like for Nimble.

This forum is for feature requests for Nimble to help us gauge what would help you be happier with Nimble.

If you have an urgent question about your account or implementing a feature, please write us directly at care@nimble.com or tweet us at twitter.com/nimblecare. We are available M-F from 9-5 Pacific.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

43 results found

1. Get the email id of contact from LinkedIn profile's email fields and populate it in Nimble.

For connected LinkedIn contacts, LinkedIn already has contact details such as email and phone , address, etc.. Copy those details over to Nimble. Nimble keeps saying it does not have email for person X and I click through to their LinkedIn profile and I see it there. Wondering why it can't be pulled through to Nimble, via a periodic or live sync.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Roshan,

Unfortunately, Linkedin does not make this information available over their API, therefore, we cannot populate it in Nimble.

If they ever make this information available over their API, we will definitely do what we can to make it available in Nimble!

Cheers,

Joseph

2. Not able to see all contact informamtion

I have added all the contact information but when I try to look by company I am not able to see even if I go into the contact the contact person or other information.
    Same as if when in people some times do not see the company information.
    Would like to know why all information in all catagories is not showing up.
    When in company it ask me for a contact person, I have already put that in People along with the company information.
    Something is not merging

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Offline use

Would like the ability to use Nimble offline when necessary. A Unix Desktop app would be great that would sync back to Nimble. Or offline via iPhone.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

At the current moment, we do not have plans to develop Nimble for offline use.

We would love to hear your thoughts on why you would like to work offline, please share your ideas in the comments on this thread so we may review this at a later date.

Best regards,

Joseph

4. disable spell checking on contact name fields by decorating the html form fields with the appropriate HTML attributes

when I am entering a new contact, the browser (safari) wants to spell check and auto-correct the name.

It is possible to define the HTML form with appropriate attributes to tell the browser not to auto-correct.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Spell check is a pain when it comes to entering names in contacts.

Please curtail spell check in the names field. I find more often than not I have to re-enter names, sometimes multiple times, because of spell check will change it to an item, name or whatever it chooses!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show contact address on main page of that contact

Once clicked on a contact, their address doesn't show anywhere on the main page. I have to click on their company link to get the address, that takes too much time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Searching issue

Searching for Kirk returns all people named Kirk.
    Searching for Kirk Hoessle returns the contact for him.

Searching for Kirk H returns nothing but should return all contacts with first name Kirk and last name beginning with the letter H.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Take the footer away that is in the middle of the page instead of at the bottom

Please take the footer to the bottom of the page in contacts instead of covering up a name in the middle

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Nimble Widget for Internet Explorer

I know that Chrome surpassed IE in browser usage, but IE is still used by more people than Firefox, see article below. Please port your excellent widget to IE 11, doesn't have to be Edge. Chrome doesn't respond to touch as intuitively on a Microsoft Surface as IE does. It pains me to use Chrome. I think that 30.8% compared to 31.9% warrants your attention. Thank you for considering.

https://redmondmag.com/articles/2014/06/06/chrome-surpasses-ie.aspx

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jeff,

While there are still people using IE, we do not have plans to add the Smart Contacts App because it is an outdated browser.

Edge doesn’t support extensions yet, but we will likely add it there when they release their marketplace.

For now, we recommend using Firefox, Safari, or Chrome for our Smart Contacts App.

Thank you,

Joseph

10. import multiple vcards at once.

We are wanting to move to your service but with large numbers of contacts individual vcard imports is out of the question. It seems to be the only way they import exactly

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Google Contact Sync (Without PieSync)

Why go to a 3rd party for the syncing? We already have two parties to deal with... Google and Nimble. Adding more complication to the list with PieSync, IMHO. Syncing should be done straight through Nimble without the hassle.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Flag deleted contacts so that they don't get re-added when re-synching social profiles.

I am often deleting contacts that come from my social networks, but when I resynch to get new contacts, these old deleted ones get added back in. There should be a way to either 1) flag the deleted contacts so they don't get added back in or 2) have a navigation screen that displays all of the updated contacts since last synch and asks for our approval on an one by one basis.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. InsideView integration

I'd like to consider purchasing Nimble. We presently use SugarCRM and there are a few SugarCRM third-party plugins that we rely on that are not available in Nimble.

The most import is InsideView. InsideView allows us to directly import companies and contact into SugarCRM, saving a ton of time and effort.

You might want to consider having your bizdev person connect with InsideView. It might be worth it for you.

~eric

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brandy,

Thank you for writing in.

We do not plan on adding support for .xlsx formatting as opposed to .csv format because you already have the ability to export from Excel to CSV when you save your spreadsheet.

When you save your file in Excel, choose the file format to be “CSV (MS-DOS) Format”, and you will be able to import to Nimble.

If you have any questions, please feel free to write to care@nimble.com for support.

Best regards,

Joseph

15. Option to turn off Merge Confirmation

... allow turning off Merge Confirmation when doing lots of them.

Right now, being asked every time to confirm is also a pain in this case. I understand it makes sense when you occasionally invoke the function

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sergiu,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, we do not plan on turning off this function because it provides much more value to our users as a warning before merging.

To avoid receiving this message, I recommend exporting all of your contacts to CSV.

From the CSV file, merge the duplicate contacts in Excel.

Next, delete the contacts in Nimble, then run the import with all of the merged contacts on the clean CSV to Nimble.

If you have any questions about this process, please write me at care@nimble.com.

Best regards,

Joseph

16. Archive tags, put tags in an archive instead of deleting them

Our sales team is going to create a lot of Tags that we will use for some months and then we would like to put them in an archive, to make them invisible on the contactspage, rather then deleting them to be able to pick them up at a later point.
    Access them later via the advanced search would be prefferred.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and idea.

At this current time, we don’t envision changing the structure of our tag function in Nimble, so we must decline this idea.

Rather than having your team use tags, I recommend using the custom data fields feature for Nimble. Custom data fields are better than tags because they are less cluttered, more easily controlled by management, and you can export custom data field information to CSV, while we don’t support exporting of tags for now.

For more information about custom data fields, please take a look at our article here: http://support.nimble.com/customer/portal/articles/237319-custom-fields

If you have any questions about how to best set things up, please send us an email at care@nimble.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Joseph

17. When adding people in contacts - have the option not to add a separate company page

It is not always needed when you only have one contact at that company. This is especially important when you adding prospects from lists, then you call them and if they are not interested you have to remove both people and company page. I hope this makes sense

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, we made a decision to create separate company and contact records at the outset of the application and we don’t plan on changing this feature.

If the “company” field is filled out on a contact, it will create a record for the company as well. This is all based on our database design.

I also want to mention that if you delete a contact and they are the only person related to a company, you will be prompted to delete the company record as well because no person is working at that company.

I understand that this may require different thinking for your current workflow, therefore, we are always happy to provide assistance if you write to us at care@nimble.com.

Best regards,

Joseph

18. It would be very helpful to enter the notes section of a contact and be able to read the whole note and no just the title.

I'd like to be able to go into the notes section and be able to read the full notes in a timline form, instead of having to click into each specific note. It's an additional step and doing it over and over again to get caught up on a contact is frustratingly inefficient. While utilizing a pop up window for editing does make sense, being able to read it creates more work. We are busy and ease of use is key in crms. Thanks.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

For now, we are declining this feature request because we like the compact view of notes on contact records.

If this feature garners enough votes, we will reconsider, but most of our feedback in this area has been positive so we don’t plan on changing it just yet.

Best regards,

Joseph

19. UI suggestions to make our life easier

Contacts > People or Company: Remember my last used tag as my default view.

Contacts > People > Search: Return only people results instead of both

Contacts > Company > Search: Return only Company results instead of both

Contacts > Delete: Move it to a trash bin.
    - This way, if I re-import contact, you won't recreate them.
    - If I change my mind, I just have to move it back from the trash

Company Info: Suggest contact information based on users contact data. I have 9 people in a company with the same url, I am sure you can…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Find a way to import "2nd degree" contacts from Linkedin or Facebook.

Not sure if it is so simple but it would be very powerful in prospecting - especially if you know who they are mutually connected by.

If for example, Ms. X is connected to 2-3 "customers" (probably people with similar interests/profiling) then it is a shortcut to assume Ms. X has potential - worth calling her to find out!!

This will be massive in recruitment cold calling. i.e. headhunting. Star players usually hang with star players.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Murray,

Thank you for writing in.

Unfortunately, we’re not able to access 2nd degree contacts from LinkedIn or Facebook’s API, therefore we must decline this feature request.

In all honesty, we would love to have this feature in Nimble as well, it would make it much more powerful and if it is allowed in the future, we will likely revisit this feature.

Best regards,

Joseph

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Nimble

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base