Skip to content

Nimble

Welcome to our feature request forum! Please feel free to vote or submit a new feature you would like for Nimble.

This forum is for feature requests for Nimble to help us gauge what would help you be happier with Nimble.

If you have an urgent question about your account or implementing a feature, please write us directly at care@nimble.com or tweet us at twitter.com/nimblecare. We are available M-F from 9-5 Pacific.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

91 results found

1. Contacts importing with "Update Only" option

For importing contacts make an "Update only" option. There's a ton of friends on facebook, followers on twitter and gmail contacts that nimble users don't want clogging up their contacts.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add a way to search by email in the advanced search.

Along with all the other contact info we can search by in the advanced search, please include email.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. increase search capabilities

I'd like to narrow down the contacts I'm searching for in similar to the way I search for a pair of shoes to buy on Zappos: black, size 9, 3.5" heel, etc., except I'd be able to narrow down my search by clicking on the tags I've created: google, people, portland, etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export contacts to Outlook CSV option

The export function on Nimble is plain vanilla. While it is very nice to have the ability to filter by tags and such to create an export list, being able to export contacts in Outlook CSV format would be very helpful.

Outlook expects allot of hand-holding in mapping fields for import. Google is the same, but hopefully you will have a 2-way sync for Google contacts in the very near future.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delete Contacts when viewing Profile

When deleting contacts when viewing their profile, it would be awesome if you were not redirected back to the main contacts listing.

The problem: When importing or doing mass updates to many contacts, and you are moving from one to another (using the arrows, x of y), and you delete the contact you need to go and find your place again since you are redirected to the main listing.

I suggest that perhaps instead of redirecting, showing a message like:

"[name] has been deleted successfully. Click here to go to the next contact. Click here for the previous. Click here…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

When you are viewing profiles and delete a contact, you are now redirected to the list view and the page you were on before clicking into that contact.

We opted to redirect you to the list view instead of moving you to the next contact as a Product decision, and we may change this feature to move you to the next contact on the list, but this is not set in stone right now.

Best regards,

Joseph

6. Provide a single row per contcat List View option

It would be great to have the option to display contacts in a single row list view, resembling a spreadsheet, with fields displayed in sortable columns. Better still, very handy when creating a mailing or call list, each row could have a check box. Check the ones you don't want in the final list, then select Invert Selection and the system selects all those contacts except the ones you checked. Then select "make list current" and now those unchecked contacts have gone. Even better still if only the top half of the screen showed the rows of the list, but…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. defualt contact field values

This has been said before by others, but it is extremely annoying to have the default phone category set to "home fax". None of my contacts has a home fax. The default should be set to "work" for a business CRM. And same goes for email and address, both are set to "home" by default. all of these should be set to "work" by default if the default can't be set by the user. Until then, it means that every contact entered requires extra effort.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Doug,

We just released an update today to fix this issue, but we chose “Main” to be the primary field value for Phone numbers.

Here’s the new hierarchy we have for field values:

Phone modifiers in this order:
    1. Main
    2. Work
    3. Mobile
    4. Home
    5. Work Fax
    6. Home Fax
    7. Other

Email modifiers
    1. Work
    2. Personal
    3. Other

Address modifier
    1. Work
    2. Home
    3. Other

If you have any questions, please write back to me at care@nimble.com and I’ll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Joseph

8. Better Management of Leads Prior to Becoming a Pipeline Deal

We really need a better way to identify and track the progression of prospects before they enter the Deal Pipeline.

Typically you want to keep "Deals" separate from "Leads" which you can do in Nimble. We've got lots of "Contacts" in Nimble and use the configurable fields to identify different types of Contacts, one of which is "Prospect" or a potential lead.

For those contacts that represent a potential lead, we want to track the progression through a staged process: new, contacted, engaged, and (ultimately) validated...at which point we create a "Deal" in the pipeline. Some lead's don't turn into…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like the ability to designate contacts as important, rather than being asked.

Rather than being asked (through some cycled time intervals), I'd like to designate contacts as "Important" on my own.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add team notifications

My team and I would like to update each other with news about a contact or meeting we held. When updating our client history, it would be nice to be able to ping members of my team through Nimble about important updates.

Possible a drop down menu within my company's account with the option to choose multiple team members to communicate this new note to. Like getting an email for a new task assigned, my team would get an email about a new note logged or deal logged about an important contact.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. intelligently generate stay in touch reminders based on ongoing interactions instead of scheduling reminders via task due dates

When NimbleCRM asks if a contact is important and how often I want to stay in touch with that contact, I would like Nimble to remind me if I fall out of contact with that person, not tell me to follow up with someone on an arbitrary date set in the future.

Here's how it would work.

1. I interact with an important contact via email.
    2. Nimble asks me if this contact is important, I say "Yes"
    3. Nimble presents the choice, "Help me stay in touch: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, or Annually"
    4. I select "Quarterly"
    5. Nimble starts tracking how long it's been…
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a drop-down box to social stream widget in contact record

The social stream is great but, if that person is on Twitter, it generally becomes a "twitter only" stream. I know that we can use the "person" icon to see all of that contact's social streams on the various networks but that takes me to a new page. If we had a drop down box at the top of the widget where we could select "All" or one of the networks (Twitter,Facebook, LinkedIn, G+), that would be awesome!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Instead of adding a drop-down box to the social stream widget, we added a social stream sub-tab so you can segment your contacts’ streams by social account.

Thank you for your feedback and support!

-Joseph

13. Stay in touch

I love Nimble, but I do miss the Stay In Touch feature with Salesforce.com. A way to send an email for a contact to validate or update their information, and remove bounced records where the email is no longer valid

Would love this feature in Nimble. Perhaps there is a way to do it through MailChimp to send out information on contacts and have people update it through some portal. I do not know but would love it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. have a description field in contacts so we can place long-form notes that should always stay front and center.

I work in a company that is all about building relationships. Part of building relationships is knowing things about that person such as their goals and motivations, their working styles and preferences, that stay fairly consistent over time.

I would like to be able to write these kinds of notes and have them show up directly in a contact's profile in Nimble for my entire team to have access to. Right now there is no good way to display this kind of very important information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update "Stay in touch" from iOS

I'd like to be able to update the stay in touch cycle from a contact from my iOS device. The app offers to take notes for a particular contact but not to update stay in touch. Would be very useful on the go.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. enable update or delete addresses records that automatically synced to our contacts records from social profiles that linked to the contacts

We are facing a problem when we would like update or delete addresses records of our contacts that have several addresses in their records (Especially these addresses are being automatically synced to our contact records from social profiles that have been mapped to our contacts)

When we delete or update one of the address records and click on update contact to save the new records, then we return back to the same contact page it doesn't update and show the same olds records that it was before the update or delete process!!!

This a system bug and it is doesn't…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the messages screen, make it display the contacts profile rather than mine

If I click on an email message in a contacts record to see the last email I sent them, when the messages screen opens up the profile info it displays on the right hand side is mine rather than the contact who I sent the email to. Would be better if this was the contacts profile!

(Before I ring someone I often open the last email conversation so would be helpful to be able to see their contact details at the same time as the email being open)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

If you click on a message thread, you will see the contact’s profile on the right-hand side while on the Messages Tab.

Also, if you receive a message from a contact that isn’t in Nimble, you will see the option to import them into Nimble as soon as you click on their name in the email thread.

If you have any questions, please reply to this thread and we’ll be happy to help!

Best regards,

Joseph

18. Import contact picture from gmail

It would be nice if Nimble could import each contact picture from Gmail.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow editing list items in lead source field in Other Info tab

Lead source field in Other Info Tab contains a set of default list items. These lead sources vary from company to company. Provide the UI to modify these list items add/change/delete

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show total count of people/company contacts for tracking purposes

For tracking purposes of total amount of contacts, show total count of people/company contacts in the interface.

This count will help Personal account where max is 3,000 contacts, and will help Business versions track total count over time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  charlene responded