I suggest you ...

Add a Find & Merge Duplicates

Reviewing contacts and merging one by one takes too long. I'd like a feature similar to gmail where you can find and merge duplicates.

375 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Teresa Nicola shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Salvador commented  · 

We do not understand why this features does not play. Our nimble got 45000 contacts!!! The real number had to be about 7000, the rest of them duplicates!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

it's crazy this doesn't exist yet. the auto merge on import doesn't work very well. Please add asap.

• Roy commented  · 

This would be very usefull i have 23000 contacts. I saw allready many duplicates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Really need this. I stopped using nimble as a result but am still paying for it in the hopes something will change soon... undupe want ~$150 per month. Do not understand why it's not there...

• Oren Yehezkely commented  · 

Joseph,

Why does it take so long to implement a relatively simple (but essential) feature like that?
        You really need to overhaul the inadequate (trying to be gentle here) merge feature you now offer.
        First it will work only if you know the records you need to merge, and this will usually happen if you know the name or you see them both on the same screen.
        You need to add find and merge so that the system will find duplicates by itself.

But, even worse, it will remove necessary data and keep other data, without any guidance from the user. I just tested it and it created something like that: John, Last_Name, SAME_Last_Name.
        What is the point?

I suggest that you take a look at SugarCRM (I used the Community Edition) and see how they do merge. It is the best I have seen so far, and it is easy to implement. I have showed it to a programmer and he was able to implement a feature like that within a few hours of work.

I just looked at the Gmail de-dupe tool and it looks awful, I really hope you don't use it as a model, it will be worthless.

• Martin Brossman commented  · 

I would like to see a built in feature of Nimble to look for duplicates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes have been waiting for this. Absolutely Need it asap!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, the current merge is very clunky. Ideally I would like to see the differences & tell the system what to keep & what to delete. Or if it would just keep everything I could live. Currently it deletes the good info & keeps the bad info & that is not ok!

• Daniel commented  · 

let me suggest to also have an option to update the contacts in GMAIL and Exchange Servers after the merge?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any update on this. I for one would find this useful as I value a clean CRM.

Nimble: Contacts

Feedback and Knowledge Base